HCA Induction (Care Certificate)
What you will learn
- Temperature, Pulse, Respiration
- Blood Glucose
- Blood Pressure
- ECG Recording
- Patient Handling
- Basic Life Support
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Conflict Resolution
- Record Keeping
This course enables the HCA to focus on completing the 15 Standards of Care in a Portfolio of Evidence through classroom based simulated competency assessment.
The individual learner’s previous experience and evidence will be taken into account and a personal action plan will be implemented.
The course will cover:
- Development of a learning Portfolio and creating tools required for Continual Professional Development
- Prior learning and experience will be verified and included in the portfolio
- Exploration of the 15 care standards through, group work, discussion and scenarios.
- Clinical Skills workshop to include: Temperature, Pulse, Respiration, Blood Glucose, Urinalysis, Blood Pressure & ECG Recording
- Completion of a competency framework for skills obtained and demonstrated
- How to undertake effective reflective practice
- Mandatory topics covered will include: Chaperoning, Patient Handling, Basic Life Support, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Conflict Resolution and Record Keeping. (All will be individually certificated)
- Individual action planning for going forward.
All of the learning points will be assessed in the training room setting by a qualified registered Nurse Practice Educator.
HCA's are required to bring a copy of their job description and be able to identify a suitably qualified member of their team who will support ongoing assessment and supervision.
If you have special dietary needs, including vegetarian, please let us know as soon as possible as lunches will be individually boxed.
If possible, please bring a manual blood pressure monitor, stethoscope and blood glucose testing sets with finger pricks, ideally unistix. This is so you can practice with the actual equipment from your workplace. If you can't bring equipment, that is fine.
Day 1 (7th July) Session time: 09:30-16:00
Day 2 (8th July) Session time: 09:30-16:00
Day 3 (9th July) Session time: 09:30-16:00