HCA Introduction to Wound Care, Infection Control and Suture Removal
- To describe the skin structure and consider how wounds heal normally
- Recognise the principles of suture and staple removal for surgical wounds
- Discuss different types of wounds
- Recognise factors likely to affect wound healing
- Consider cleansing and dressing wounds using the principles of ANTT.
- Recognise clinical signs of wound infection
- Identify appropriate dressing options for wounds
This course will cover the basics for HCAs. You should have been in post for a couple of months and seen wounds in practice before starting this course.
Session time: 13:30-16:30