Introduction to Medical Terminology
- Explain the concept that medical terminology can be broken down into component parts of prefixes, root words and suffixes;
- State the meanings of commonly used prefixes, suffixes and root words in medical terms;
- Decipher terminology associated with various diseases;
- Recognise commonly used abbreviations and medical symbols;
The Introduction to Medical Terminology Course is designed to help delegates understand the elements of medical terminology and so increase their confidence on a day to day basis. Delegates will receive a comprehensive course manual and a certificate of attendance.
Once a booking has been made, please email email@example.com a postal address (preferably the organisations address) for the course manual to be posted to. This will be sent prior to the session.
Please note that this is an ONLINE course and attendees will be required to join the session remotely. Having a PC with a camera and microphone is preferrable.
Each booking made will be for ONLY 1 person, and their name will appear on the Certificate of Attendance. If multiple members of staff are attending from the same practice, each person will need to make their own booking via this booking portal or they will not receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Session time: 09:00 to 12:00
- An introduction to how medical terms are constructed
- Common suffixes
- Common prefixes
- Common roots