Wound Care, Tissue Viability and Infection Control – Part 1
- Describe the structure and function of skin
- Understand the process of wound healing by regeneration
- Recognise the stages of wound healing by primary and secondary intention
- Identify factors likely to impede wound healing
- Identify the risk factors for infections and the appropriate management of infections
- Be confident to discuss infection management and prevention with the patient and carers
- Recognise key elements of holistic wound assessment
- Recognise key characteristics of chronic wounds
- Consider the underlying aetiology or cause of a number of wounds likely to be seen in general practice
- Take a problem solving approach towards wound assessment and management
We recommend that staff who require this training attend an update every 3 years, this is to ensure they are aware of the most up to date information, skills, techniques and consumables / dressings.
Due to the ongoing restrictions due to Coronavirus, the number of attendees has been limited for this training therefore the cost per person has increased.
Session time: 13:30-16:30