Wound Care, Tissue Viability and Infection Control – Part 2
What you will learn
- Recognise the importance of effective dressing choices.
- Understand the role of active and passive dressings
- Recognise the role of antimicrobial wound dressings
- Understand the indications and contraindications of dressings generically
- Identify dressing options using case study scenarios
- Identify the risks of antimicrobial resistance and when systemic antibiotics should be used
- Cleanse and dress wounds using the principles of Aseptic Non Touch Technique
We recommend that staff who require this training attend an update every 3 years, this is to ensure they are aware of the most up to date information, skills, techniques and consumables / dressings.
Some HCAs can attend, but only those who have already attended the Introductory HCA course and been approved by the trainer. Contact us if you are an HCA who fits these criteria and wishes to attend.
Due to the ongoing restrictions due to Coronavirus, the number of attendees has been limited for this training therefore the cost per person has increased.
Session time: 13:30-16:30