Wound Care, Tissue Viability and Infection Control – Part 4
- Consider the overarching purpose of undertaking ABPI assessment as part of lower limb assessment
- Recognise the principles of hand Doppler ultrasound to measure systolic pressure and ABPI calculation
- Understand the ABPI readings and implications for treatment
- Identify when compression bandaging is contraindicated
- Demonstration of compression bandaging and workshop
- Recognise the differences in short and long stretch compression
- Demonstration of compression bandage application and workshop
This course is taught using Huntleigh Doppler and using KTwo and Actico compression bandaging (with company support).
We recommend that staff who require this training attend an update every 3 years, this is to ensure they are aware of the most up to date information, skills, techniques and consumables / dressings.