Nottingham City GP Alliance
This role is to provide executive administrative support to the City-Wide Services Operations Support Lead in the management of the City-Wide Service Support Officers team. You will have the opportunity to be involved at the heart of Nottingham City GP Alliance in a busy, challenging, and fast-moving environment. This role is in a successful growing healthcare organisation that is committed to seeking new, creative, and better ways to deliver and develop services for primary care in Nottingham city.
This is an important and responsible position. You will be supporting the City-Wide Services team and will work daily with the City-Wide Services Operations Support Lead and Head of City-Wide Services. You will play a key role in the smooth running of the City-Wide Services; you will be involved in staff management and training, helping to plan and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner. You will act as an important communication link, and you will help ensure high quality support and liaison with colleagues and partners internally and externally.
Main duties of the job
Maintain effective, accurate reports across a range of the services provided by the City-Wide Services team
Ensures that any follow-up action is identified, logged and proactively taken forward, prompting them about action needed, and co-ordinating such action with colleagues, adding to 1:1 agenda where appropriate. Supporting and implementing change.
- Hosting, attending and supporting Team meetings
- Reporting and escalating issues to the City-Wide Service Operation Support Lead and/or Head of City Wide Services
- Dealing with Patient feedback, complaints or problems and escalating is necessary
- Work with the premises team to ensure that our premises are maintained and suitable for clinical use
- Maintain a professional, respectful and compassionate attitude to members of the public, patients, carers and other service users, demonstrating the ability to remain diplomatic when dealing with sensitive matters or having challenging discussions.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with your counterparts across all teams
- Work with the City-Wide Service Operation Support Lead and/or Head of City Wide Services
to maintain operational management support to the specialities including line management of relevant admin staff
- Work effectively with clinicians and clinical teams.
Nottingham City General Practice Alliance (NCGPA) was formed in 2016. We are Nottingham citys first GP Federation, often referred to as NCGPA or the Alliance. Our members consist of 45 NHS GP practices in Nottingham city, who cover a population of over 336,000 patients.
NCGPA is a Company Limited by shares, with its member practices being equal shareholders. The company is managed by a board of 8 elected representatives from member GP practices and three co-opted positions representing nursing, lay and non-principal GPs. The day to day running of the company is through a Senior Management team comprising the Chair, Secretary and Treasurer along with the Companys Chief Operating Officer and a dedicated office team. Find out more about our work at ncgpa.org.uk
Job Description / Responsibilities
You will deliver a high level of direct support for the people you work for, proactively dealing with a wide range of matters, sometimes highly confidential and/or urgent, while demonstrating initiative and sound judgement, especially when they are unavailable. All these activities will involve exercising a considerable degree of judgement and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively. You will liaise effectively with individuals at all levels in NCGPA and beyond (including directors, members, commissioners, partners and stakeholders). You will also assist with fact-finding and background research on selected topics, assist with preparing presentations and discussion papers. The work will be varied with no two days the same, and so the ability to prioritise and multi-task are key to this role.
You will be part of our growing City Wide Services Team, working together with to provide a seamless service across all our activities.
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Communication skills
- Understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- Ability to use own judgement, initiative and resourcefulness
- Good standard of general education (GCSE level or equivalent)
- Previous office/admin experience
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Nottingham City GP Alliance
79a Upper Parliament Street,