Horizon Healthcare is looking to expand their reception team. Existing experience of reception / patient coordinator work within a GP Practice or other NHS setting is preferred. The position will be part-time or full-time 30 to 37.5 hours per week.
Main duties of the job
Our patient coordinators will deliver a quality reception service, dealing directly with patients, relatives and carers either face to face, by telephone or digitally. Reception services include general enquiries, booking or cancelling of appointments, logging of accurate information (e.g. visit requests). Previous experience of working in a GP setting is desirable but not essential.
Horizon Healthcare is a friendly, forward thinking, recently merged City centre practice with a diverse population of 21,500+ patients.
We are a three GP Partnership supported by dedicated teams of Salaried GPs, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Pharmacists who provide integral pharmacy management, a Physician Associate, Practice Nurses and HCAs. We are backed up by an excellent management and administration team.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- To deliver a quality reception service, dealing directly with patients, relatives and carers either face to face, by telephone or digitally. Reception services include general enquiries, booking or cancelling of appointments, logging of accurate information (e.g. visit requests)
- Facilitating efficient lines of communications between patients and clinicians at all times
- Operate repeat prescription system as directed
- Manual filing of information and documents where appropriate
- Take cash and card payments from patients
- Extensive use of GP clinical system (SystmOne) and linked software
- To ensure actions requested by clinicians based on the computerised pathology reports are completed and recorded. Where indicated by the clinicians, within the agreed practice protocol, advise patients of pathology results
- To use and amend (where appropriate) the computerised appointment system
- Retrieval of information as required from both computer and manual systems
- Responsible for the internal and external mail distribution and delivery (this includes ensuring specimens for pathology are ready for collection)
- Ensure that the information resources in the practice premises are regularly updated and kept in a tidy and orderly manner
- Ensuring adequate stocks of information leaflets, certificates and prescription forms are maintained and ordered when appropriate
- Responsibility for opening or closing and securing of the building at the start or end of the day
- Observe a strict code of confidentiality at all times
- To work within the practices agreed policies and guidelines where appropriate commenting on and contributing to changing such policies
- Attend practice meeting or other meetings if required
- To do administration duties as allocated by the Reception Manager & Management Team
- Providing cover at the branch surgery in Mackworth as & when needed.
- To assist in the annual QOF indicators i.e. smoking, booking appointments etc.
- The Practice opening hours are currently 08:00 18:30, Monday to Friday and the Patient Coordinator will be expected to work within these hours.
- You are expected to be flexible in the duties you carry out. The Practice Management reserves the right to vary your duties from time to time as it sees fit.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent listening skillsBasic computer knowledge/literacy standard keyboard skills
- Logical thinker accuracy for filing etc.
- Previous experience in a reception team
- Advanced IT skills
- Previous experience in a GP reception team
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Customer Service NVQ2
- ECDL or CLAIT
- Experience of working with the general public
Knowledge or experience of working with standard office equipment (telephony etc.)
- Previous NHS experience
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
3-5 Burton Road,