Bug test demo 1 – Influenza Immunisation, Pneumococcal, B12 and Shingles Update – Online
- Recent epidemiology of influenza, COVID-19, shingles, pneumococcal diseases & the vaccines used to prevent these diseases (it includes updates on the children’s flu vaccination)
- Any changes to the National Immunisation Schedule for influenza, COVID-19, shingles, & pneumococcal vaccine
- Any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
- Review of current practice and identification of areas for improvement
- Storage and management of vaccinations, including cold chain
- Correct Administration of intramuscular injections into the deltoid area
- Adverse events following immunisations (including anaphylaxis)
- B12 deficiency anaemia and its treatment
This training is ideal for practitioners who are experienced at immunisations & require an annual update It includes updates on influenza, COVID-19, shingles, pneumococcal & B12 injections. This session cannot be classed as a general immunisation update for registered nurses as it does not cover children’s vaccines (see Immunisation update for the appropriate course)
This is an annual update and covers the influenza vaccine programme for the current year. This training meets the National Minimum Training Standards for Healthcare Support Workers (HCSWs) & acts as their annual update.
Who should attend: Registered Nurses, Pharmacists, Health Care Assistants, Admin & Reception staff if they administer these medications/immunisations.
Who should not attend the course: Practitioners who have not attended initial immunisation training (2-day course for registered staff and 1.5 day HCA training)
What the course does not cover: Travel immunisations, children’s immunisation programme, (other than the Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine for children)
Please note: Non-registered staff should attend the 1.5-day injection technique & immunisation training for HCAs if they are new to immunisations. Registered practitioners who will be administering the children’s vaccines should attend the 2-day immunisation initiation training if they are new to immunisations.
- Agenda content text 1
- Agenda content text 2
- Agenda content text 3