Mental Health First Aid
Please be aware that this course runs for TWO SEPARATED days, 14th and 16th July.
Our engaging and interactive Adult MHFA course enables individuals to become a certified Adult Mental Health First Aider, and is taught across online learning modules and live learning sessions. By the end of the course you and your colleagues will have:
- A greater understanding of mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, suicide, self-harm, psychosis and eating disorders.
- Built confidence to approach someone who is showing signs of illness.
- Learnt how to listen effectively to someone in distress.
- Gained knowledge of what forms of support are available.
This course is a powerful and rewarding investment in key members of staff to ensure that moving forwards, all of your workforce can benefit from qualified team members trained to look out for their mental health needs.
Day 1 (14th July) Session time 09:00-15:00
- What is Mental Health First Aid and what is Mental Health?
- Depression and Suicide
Day 2 (16th July) Session time 09:00-15:00
- Anxiety, Self Harm, Eating Disorders
- Psychosis and Action Planning